Friday, December 3, 2010

Updates on progress today and a video!!! WOA!

Hey peeps!

I've been practising some more today even though my finger tips a re still sore from yesterday, I'm dedicated to the cause!

Anyway, first I did some scales to stretch the fingers and warm them up for some chords, I used the scale excercise I found here:
http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa071200j.htm

Quite useful and surprisingly tricky for a noobie.

Then is was onto some basic chords, the major 5, C... A... G... E... D...

Spend the majority of my time on this with breaks to try Smoke on Water and some picking excersices.

The first picking excercise is playing a bit from a Metallica song, Nothing Else Matters. See the bottom of this page for an idea:
http://www.musiclearning.com/lessoncentral/basics/basics.html

The next picking excercise I just made up on the fly but basically its strumming E, E, A, B, D, G over and over. Surprisingly tricky.

Here is a video of my major 5 chord efforts, this was after a while of practicing so my fingers where already wanting to throw in the towel.



And that's about it. Now it's time to let my fingers recover for another 24 hours and do it all over again tomorrow night!

Catchya's!

No comments:

Post a Comment