Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fingers are literally red and sore...

So I spend a couple hours today practicing the Major C Chord in all it's exciting forms, followed by some more attempts at "Smoke on the Water" using simple tabs, this one in particular:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/deep_purple/smoke_on_the_water_intro_tab.htm

I'm staring to have a little more control over what my middle finger is doing which is a bonus.

At the moment, I think that I'm not so much learning chords, but conditioning my fingers and hand to do stuff and stretch out in way I've never had to in the past.

My left forearm is quite sore from all of this, but it's the finger tips that area really suffering.

Right now, the are so sore and tender, typing this post is not so awesome. But yeah, no pain no gain right?

Anyway, I've also noticed that I can't work out a comfortable position for my strumming hand, I keep resting it on the pick guard and accidentally turning the volme knob. I'll have to investigate proper hand placement I think.

Oh, I'm also getting a little frustrated with how clumsy my stumming hand is when it comes to strumming specific string.

For example, in the Smoke on the Water version I'm attempting, I only strum 2 strings at a time, but I keep accidentally catching the one below or above the string I need. Very annoying especially when I get the rest of it alright. But patience is the key.

So yeah, that's probably it for today, here's a picture of my red, sore, tender bitch fingers you guys can enjoy.


I was going to also post a video of my chord efforts and my Smoke on Water effort, but it turns out I didn't press the record button hard enough on the camera so I was just talking to myself like a retard. :p

Cheers n out!

No comments:

Post a Comment