Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Expanding the Repatwa...

So, did a bit of practice on chords today although the fingers are still pretty sore from the other night.

The tips feel numb until I touch them when it feels like I have a spinter in each finger... not an awesome feeling.

On the plus side, I figure that since I'm memorized the C A G E D chords, I can look to learning some other ones so when I practice I've got the most diverse range to train my fingers with.

I'm using this chord chart:

I think this is also the chart that I will end up printing out and popping on the wall, it should keep me busy for a while.

It's still taking me about 1-3 seconds to get my fingers into the correct positions when playing a chord. The particularly tricky ones from the C A G E D chords is the C and the G.

Out of this expanded chart, the B chords was driving me nuts! I have to get my hand on a really awkward angle to to get it right. F is also a bastard to get... in ANY of its variations.

So yeah, from here I just need to keep on practicing these chords and then I can start looking at playing something. I'm still practicing that Smoke on the Water intro sing tabs, but I've discovered there are more complex versions of it to explore.

I am still struggling to strum the right strings with the Smoke on the Water tabs as I'm either struming the A and D strings together and then the D and G strings together. I have to look at my strumming hand to make sure it's doing the right thing while at the same time the fretting fingers are on the right fret.

I need eye's like a chameleon!

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment