Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sunday.. bloody sunday... Nah... it was pretty aight!

Alrighty, had yesterday off from practicing as my fingers were still rather tender from the night before.

Practice for about one and a half hours today, mainly focusing on the basic chords and some Smoke on the Water as per usual.

2 Positive outcomes from today:

1. My fingers are not as sore was I was expecting them to me after practicing this long
2. I'm starting to get the finger control down.

I've noticed I'm beginning to me the shift from "How the hell do I get my finger to there... MOVE IT DAMN IT" to "So what does that E chord look like again?"

It appears my fingers are getting the message and starting to play nice. :)

Another thing I noticed it that if I relax my hand a little and don't push as hard as I've been trying, my fingers don't get as sore and my hand doesn't tire as quickly while I'm still able to get a decent sound.

So, next steps from here are:

1. Smart to memorize the Major chords C... A... G... E... D... I'm thinking something along the lines of a printout above my computer screen so something so I can visually memorize them.

2. Keep on trucking with Smoke on the Water.

OH! I almost forgot... I aquired a cool little program... Overload TH1.

It is awesome! It's an amp and effect simulator program so I've jsut got my guitar plugged into the PC and I can get a really authentic sound coming through my headphones!

Here's a screenshot of my desktop while I practice:


The added bonus is less death stares and slammed doors by the fiancee... :) x2

Anyway, that's all for now... Hope everyone's had an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment